Salaam alaikum, Yellow at the keyboard. The standard beginning: you have found, then, in sleepers myself an mmm prostatitis pad for Italy. Everything there is good: the text, the pictures, the layout. The only problem is that your offer is for Portugal. So you urgently need to translate this proclu. And to do that you need to:
- Extract all the pieces of text from the proclamation;
- Send to a PP/transfer service;
- Once you have the translated text, you have to shove it back into the proclus, in exactly the right places.
All of this is manual labor. If you now say, "What the hell, I'll just give you a proclamation in one language and ask them to send it in another language right away. Okay, this option is possible, but here's why it's not good. If you give the proclu together with the layout, then:
- There is a chance that an unscrupulous PP or translator will leak your procluse to a competitor;
- If you order translation for money, translation and typesetting will cost more;
- You will have to wait longer for such a transfer.
So what to do? Of course, to use the software I just wrote?
To begin with, let's look at the scheme by which the work with the software takes place:
- We push the software to our proclu, the software automatically extracts all the necessary pieces of text into a csv-file
- Upload this file to a google table and send the link to the translator
- In the same table, next to each text cell of the source text, the translator writes the translation in the adjacent cell
- When the translation is ready, download a google table in the same csv format
- Slip the file with the translation to the software - the software automatically changes all the text on the proclamation
And now let's look at it all in more detail and with screenshots.
The software works on any OS, requires .NET 7 installed to run. Download from the Releases section of the githab the archive for your operating system, unzip it into any folder.
Preparing to launch
In the folder with the software create subfolder site, into which you transfer the file index.htm/index.html of the site you want to submit for translation.
Working with software
Launch the software with the command
We have a couple of menu items to choose from:
- Extract all text from html and save it to csv
- Replace site text from an existing csv file with a translation
Let's start at the beginning. After selecting the first menu item, you will be prompted to enter the name of the offer about which this proclamation is written. Enter exactly as the offer is named in the text!
Done! All the pieces of text you need are saved to a file translation.csv in the main program folder.
Go to Google Tables, create a new table, click File - Import and upload our csv file. Send the link to the translators, and they'll work. Here's an example of what the translation looks like in google tables:
Once the translators have finished working, click File - Download - CSV to get the translation as a csv file. Rename it back to translation.csv, we shove it in the folder to the software and run the software, where we select the second menu item: Translate the site.
The program will ask you for two things:
- the name of the offerer in the source html file (in our example it was Cannabis Oil)
- the name of the offer in the translated text - if the offer has not changed, you can just press Enter, but if you have changed the text for another offer, enter its name
When the text replacement is done, the program will save the whole html-code with the translation into the file indext.html in a subfolder site.
EVERYTHING! You've just saved yourself/the coders hours of your life, for which I congratulate you.
Pour it on the plus side and send it in. donations! They (as well as a simple "Thank you" in the PM) motivate me to keep making good open-source software for you.
UPD: Now the software can translate html-document TOTALLY through Deepl translator, translation quality is quite acceptable for tests. Don't forget to change placeholders in inputs, Deepl can't translate them🤷