Salaam alaikum, citizens! more than once wrote on his blog. about the different custom tricks you can create using the wonderful tracker — Keitaro. Also told you the other day about one of the "multi-armed bandits" algorithms, which can and should be used in our arbitrage work to minimize loss of money when testing and to maximize the profit when scaling. So I was thinking: what if we try to implement this algorithm within tracker? And I do have something to show you ?
Installing the script
Installing the script is quite easy: download the ywbegfullfilter.php file from here, edit the api key from Keitaro, the domain on which you have it hanging (with http:// at the beginning) and the time zone if tracker You do not have it configured for Moscow. Then upload the file to your server, in the folder application/filters.
Algorithm of the script
Let's run through a little bit of the logic of what will happen once you start using this script:
- In 10% cases (the percentage is customizable if desired) The algorithm will select a random landing page/offer from the available ones;
- In the remaining 90% the algorithm will take the status as of today (The number of days is also configurable) on all lends/offers from his campaign and selects the best ones by any metric you choose: LP CTR, EPC, CR, CRs;
- If all lends/offers have the same index - a random lend/offer is taken, which makes sense;
- After the algorithm selects the lead/offer all other leads/offers in the campaign will be set to zero weight, respectively, the user will get exactly to the selected by the algorithm lead and offer, and not on any other.
Setting up a campaign in Keitaro
So, now let's take off with all of this: I'll show you how to set up my filter to work with an example of a weight loss campaign. Let's say we have a couple of leads and the same number of offers (or a couple of proclamations).
The first thing to do, of course, is to cloak: create an intercept stream for bots - I don't have to teach you, actually ?
Second - make a blackstream, shove all the necessary feeds and offers, set a filter and select all the parameters, and then pour the traffic.
Now with screenshots:
We look at the metrics of the custom filter added to the blackstream (named ywbegfilter, i.e. yellow web epsilon greedy filter by the name of the algorithm - epsilon greedy).
- LP CTR - piercing the punctures
- EPC - how much money you get per click
- CR - Conversion Rate of your link from click to lead
- CRs - Conversion Rate of your click-to-sell bundle
It remains only to set up separately for the bandings and offerers, for how many days to take the status to identify the best and the percentage of randomness. I recommend starting with a value of 1 day and 10%.
You spill the traffic and look at the results. Yes, once the results are in, you don't have to turn off the filter! Why is that - I'm telling you in my Telegram Channel, be sure to read it.
What conclusions? You go, set it up, use it, write down in the comments how well it all works, and pour in the plus! And I'll continue my experiments.